Current:Home > ScamsInfluencer Candice Miller Sued for Nearly $200,000 in Unpaid Rent After Husband Brandon’s Death -TradeWisdom
Influencer Candice Miller Sued for Nearly $200,000 in Unpaid Rent After Husband Brandon’s Death
Robert Brown View
Date:2025-04-06 03:45:07
Content warning: This story discusses suicide.
Candice Miller is facing more financial trouble.
More than two months after the influencer’s real estate mogul husband Brandon Miller died by suicide, the 42-year-old has been served with a $194,881.89 lawsuit for “unpaid use and occupancy of,” a Park Avenue residence in New York City according to court documents obtained by E! News.
The court documents filed by Mak Acquisitions state that Candice, who lived at the residence with Brandon and their two daughters, vacated the premises at the end of August. Still, she has four months of unpaid rent totaling $47,000 for the months of April and May 2024 and $49,000 for June and July 2024 on the five-bedroom and seven-and-a-half-bathroom residence leading the apartment unit’s owner, the documents allege.
Further, the documents indicate Candice’s unit was charged with $881.89 for a plumbing invoice from March, and while her security deposit of $47,000 was put toward August rent, $2000 remains on her balance from the June rent increase.
In total, the documents, filed Sept. 1, assert that the former Mama & Tata lifestyle blogger owes $194,881.49 with a 9 percent yearly interest rate. The court documents allege that Candice had “intentionally and knowingly” benefited from “wrongful” actions at the expense of her apartment’s owner.
E! News has reached out to Candice Miller for comment but has not yet heard back.
Brandon died by suicide at age 43 in the Millers’ Hamptons home July 3 while the rest of his family was vacationing in the Amalfi Coast, a Suffolk County law enforcement official told The New York Times, adding that the businessman had written in a note prior to his death that a business deal he had hoped would ease his family’s financial strain had collapsed.
Following her husband’s death, Candice’s Mama & Tata Instagram account—which she ran with her sister Jenna Crespi—was deactivated, and she later put the couple’s Hampton’s home on the market for 15.5 million in August.
While Candice—who met Brandon when the couple were kids—has not spoken out about her husband’s death or her lawsuits, a spokesperson told The New York Times the family was “overwhelmed by grief.”
“Candice is devastated by the loss of her soul mate,” the spokesperson continued. “And her two young daughters’ lives are forever impacted by the loss of their beloved daddy."
If you or someone you know needs help, call 988 to reach the Suicide and Crisis Lifeline. You can also call the network, previously known as the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline, at 800-273-8255, text HOME to 741741 or visit SpeakingOfSuicide.com/resources for additional resources.veryGood! (94168)
Related
- Federal Spending Freeze Could Have Widespread Impact on Environment, Emergency Management
- Metallic spheres found on Pacific floor are interstellar in origin, Harvard professor finds
- Benches clear twice in an inning as Rays hand Yankees another series defeat
- Mega Millions $1 million ticket unclaimed in Iowa; Individual has two weeks before it expires
- 'Kraven the Hunter' spoilers! Let's dig into that twisty ending, supervillain reveal
- Loch Ness monster hunters join largest search of Scottish lake in 50 years
- Target's new fall-themed products include pumpkin ravioli, apple cookies and donuts
- 2020 US Open champ Dominic Thiem provides hope to seemingly deteriorating tennis career
- Who's hosting 'Saturday Night Live' tonight? Musical guest, how to watch Dec. 14 episode
- El Segundo, California wins Little League World Series championship on walk-off home run
Ranking
- Which apps offer encrypted messaging? How to switch and what to know after feds’ warning
- Patrick Mahomes' Kansas City penthouse condo up for sale
- Trans-Siberian Orchestra announces dates for their yearly winter tour with 104 shows
- Authorities identify husband as killer in ‘Lady of the Dunes’ cold case
- Apple iOS 18.2: What to know about top features, including Genmoji, AI updates
- Former Trump chief of staff Mark Meadows takes the stand in Georgia case
- Coco Gauff comes back to win at US Open after arguing that her foe was too slow between points
- Benches clear twice in an inning as Rays hand Yankees another series defeat
Recommendation
Intellectuals vs. The Internet
Trump and 18 others charged in the Georgia election case are scheduled to be arraigned on Sept. 6
How Singer Manuel Turizo Reacted to Getting a Text From Shakira About Collaborating
Nikki Garcia and Artem Chigvintsev Celebrate First Wedding Anniversary in the Sweetest Way
Angelina Jolie nearly fainted making Maria Callas movie: 'My body wasn’t strong enough'
Here are the first 10 drugs that Medicare will target for price cuts
How Singer Manuel Turizo Reacted to Getting a Text From Shakira About Collaborating
Why Dancing With the Stars Pro Witney Carson Is Not Returning for Season 32